Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Deep Blue

I have a cast on my ankle now, to mend a hairline fracture they found after they took an MRI.  Walking with a cast is very awkward and because I'm trying to compensate, by the end of the day I can be achy.  I had a really busy day today running almost nonstop since noon.  My day didn't end till my nightwatch shift did that night at 3am. Part of my job is to check on the sleeping girls every 15 minutes.  The house is 3 stories, and so my check requires me to go up and down stairs.  Tonight I started having sharp pains in the knee on my "good" leg when I came up the stairs. It seemed to get worse each time I used the stairs. I found myself trying to compensate by swinging my hip way out so as to take th pressure off my knee.  I applied Deep Blue to my knee and 10 minutes later when it was time for my next check I had absolutely no pain in my knee and the pain never returned.  Thank you, Deep Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment